Friday, February 14, 2014

Nom Nom Nom


I have fallen in love with the food here! After my first trip to the shuck, am first, in a giant food coma, and second... obsessed with all the heavenly noshes that filled my stomach throughout the day. Between the gooey, rich rugalach from Marzapan and the spicy falafel my palate has quite the adventure today. If this is going to be my diet for the next few months, I'm going to need to break out the running shoes. Also, for the first time, I truly felt like I was in Israel. Pushing through the crowded alleyways of the Shuk, I felt like I was living the life of a true Israeli. Where else am I going to find an avocado the size of my face, or have to push my way through the mob of people brutishly scavenging for their fresh chocolate pastries. Today was the day when it hit me that this is my home for four months and this is what I will be doing for the rest of my semester. I love everything about this place, the food, the people, the culture. Israel is turning into my new favorite place, and honestly... I'm ok with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment